This plant book aims to help identify all extant gymnosperms to genus and family level anywhere in the world. The Gymnosperms Handbook is the second in the series of practical handbooks to be published by Plant Gateway.
Gymnosperms are widely distributed and commonly encountered plants, particularly in the Northern Hemisphere, and molecular work over the past two decades has more or less resolved evolutionary relationships of all the families and genera ‒ a pine is still a pine and a yew is still a yew but podocarps and cypresses are more complicated than were previously thought!
The Gymnosperms Handbook is a practical teaching and identification guide, as well as, a useful reference work to the world’s gymnosperms designed for both specialists and non-specialists and from beginner to expert.
The book contains:
– descriptions of all gymnosperm families
– morphological notes for all currently recognised genera
– practical keys to genera for all families
– over 160 images and illustrations.
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: Plant Gateway; 1st edition (Aug. 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-0-9929993-2-2
- Paper version dimensions: 229 mm x 152 mm